Sunday, August 31, 2014

Life is What You Make It....

As the wise people say, life is what you make it...
  
I picked a beautiful neem comb at Mango Collective by A  Hundred Hands in June this year. I was at work, late in the evening near this location. I visited the place for about 10 minutes or so & I quickly grabbed this one before I moved out in haste. I knew that I would never ever use it to comb hair but still had to have it! I had many ideas as to what I wanted to do with this one as I travelled back home.
 
As all other things in my life, this beauty also had to wait for a long time, before  she could see the day-light. One day A1 generously donated one of his used craft canvas. I re-painted the canvas board in mustard & promptly handed it along with the comb to my favourite framer at Jaynagar 9th block! As soon as he saw the piece & the canvas, he enthusiastically discussed what we could do with them! We soon finalized the design. Three days later, this is what he handed me! The moment I saw it, I knew why I travel 6 kms one way to have every little thing framed!
 
 
 
 
 
He also did a fab job of framing my blue tiny  tile from Jaipur, it was 6" * 6" tile with pretty shade of blue. It was displayed on the kitchen shelf, I always feared that the "A" duo found it too attractive not to throw a ball at! I could not use it as coaster, as the edges were fairly sharp/ rough, which scratched the wooden surfaces. When it came back framed, I could not stop staring it for sometime...!
 
 

 
 
 
Now they stand pretty, together in the red room.
 
Have great week ahead guys!

11 comments:

Nivedita Das Narayan said...

You are a Gem of a collector - and how beautifully the comb has been framed! Love your zest for everything
- small or beautiful. Wish I could borrow some of that
inspiring industriousness. Love, N

Lakshmi Padaki said...

Nice idea to frame the comb . saw some similar really pretty ones at dastkar recently and though was tempted did not pick it up.
Share the address of the framer if possible. It would really be handy to know such a person . Thanks

Unknown said...

Very innovative and it looks lovely. Great job Manasa :)

Unknown said...

Lovely. Those beautiful frames cheered up my otherwise dull day

Harshika said...

Love both! I have a thing for blue jaipur ceramics...they are def worth collecting.

WeekendTweaks said...

Manasa, Your framer did a good job. It is nice to have the comb in your collection. I love the mustard color your used on the canvas.

Vasudha Somayaji said...

Well framed and a beautiful piece. Are u talking of frameshop near MK Ahmed?..

padmamanasa said...

Thanks all!

The framers details - Sri Siddeshwara Frameworks, near Jayanagar, 9th block bus stop.

Anonymous said...

Such a very cool idea, got the same comb and it is lying with me without use. Couldn't have thought of this :)

Smriti.

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

yeah framed beautifully padma.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just happened to come across your blog and I love it already. The comb is so beautifully framed. Can you tell me what type of framing material has been used (wood or synthetic) and what is this type of framing called - so that I can check with my local framer if he can do a similar job.... thanks

- Amita

Followers